Aula Magna Giovanni Agnelli - Politecnico di Torino
Homeroom surfacing with rubber flooring Lava
The Regio Politecnico di Torino (Royal Turin Polytechnic) was founded as institution in 1906. Famous scholars and researchers, authorities in different subjects with characters to match, gave a decree to new subjects such as Electrotechnics and Building Science. They were the first to have a vision of founding a school which dealt with the needs of people and society.
Following the model of the most famous European Polytechnic Schools, at the beginning of the 20th Century the Regio Politecnico di Torino moved in different directions. It began to contact both the European scientific world and the local and national industries. Aeronautics was born and in the new laboratories, from Chemistry to Architecture, young people, who came to Turin from all over Italy, were building their professional future in a lively and creative atmosphere.
In November 1958 the big complex in Corso Duca degli Abruzzi was opened and it expanded thanks to the enlargement of the Cittadella Politecnica, a campus where classrooms, laboratories, education, research, and services to the town coexist.
Focal point of the complex is the lecture room dedicated to Giovanni Agnelli, with a capacity of 452 students, which features our own Lava rubber flooring, for a total surface of 475 sqm.