Plansystem / Smooth rubber flooring
Smooth Rubber Floor Systems. Rubber is one of the best materials for a final surface that needs to form a single seamless unit. Artigo’s manufacturing technology creates smooth rubber surfaces of large sizes (provided as rolls at least 10 m long), thereby minimising the need for seams. A perfectly flat surface with as few seams as possible is crucial in places where hygiene is particularly important, like hospitals and nurseries, where our rubber flooring provide exceptional results in terms of safety.
Importance of a smooth surface
Why is a smooth surface so important? The smoother the surface, the more hygienic and easier to clean it is.
- The surface of Artigo smooth rubber flooring is not porous, which means it doesn’t offer spaces for bacteria to multiply.
- Since it doesn’t contain plasticisers, Artigo smooth rubber flooring is not affected by shrinkage, which would cause the seams to open.
- Every smooth rubber surface we produce has bacteriostatic properties.
- Artigo smooth flooring doesn’t require waxing since it is already equipped with its own surface finish, which reduces the cost of maintenance.
- Reduced emission of volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Great freedom in combining colours and patterns.